“There is nowhere in Aotearoa quite like this”
Regarded as one of Aotearoa's finest diving locations, you never know what you might see on one of our tours. Sightings may include whales, dolphins, sharks, turtles and all manner of seabirds.
Wildlife may include birds such as little blue penguin, fluttering shearwater, diving petrel, shags and gannets. Bountiful schools of kahawai, blue mao mao, and sometimes tuna are often seen, so keep those eyes peeled! For the lucky ones dolphins, whales, or seals may be on our journeys path!
The route of our tours varies with the ever changing sea conditions, so no two tours are the same! Operating around the low tide can be tricky for us, so keep your phone close, as we may alter the trip time by an hour or two. We are also a weather dependant service, and your safety and comfort is our priority. If we decide conditions are not suitable we will contact you ASAP with a few options. This may be a refund, voucher, rescheduling of the booking, or an alternative tour.
- 2 miles off the coast, about 15min by boat from Tairua Marina
- Spectacular scenery, including volcanic coastline, cliffs, pohutukawa trees, and secluded golden sand beaches
- Great swimming, snorkelling, paddleboarding, beach games (eg corn hole, soccer, volleyball etc). Some equipment available to hire from us.
- South Bay is perfect for couples, families, and larger groups. Take some nibbles and a couple of quiet drinks for a great day out
- Note toilet facilities not available
- Cost is $40pp each way for a couple, and prices reduce from there depending on numbers. Pick up/drop off times may vary with tide conditions and boat availability, but give us a call to discuss further.